Sonic Network Management Services
Focus on your core operations and let Sonic focus on your network.
Sonic Edge Managed Network is a complete WiFi and firewall security solution that allows you to offload network management to the experts at Sonic. Edge extends the protection and management of the Service Level Agreement and 24/7/365 dedicated Network Operations Support team from our internet service handoff to include the local area network equipment that your devices connect to. Sonic Edge includes full office network equipment deployment, licensing, and maintenance, including wiring to all WiFi access points.
Why your business needs a managed network.
Bandwidth needs for network devices have increased exponentially
Online presence and web-based applications require dependable management
Dependable connectivity is crucial for business operations
Get the performance, secure networking, and control your enterprise demands
- Our network calibrates and tunes itself based on performance drops to mitigate any interference.
- The adaptive signal antenna targets WiFi devices as they move through your office space to promote reliability.
- Multiple access point models allow comprehensive coverage as extensions of your wireless signal by acting as a relay
- The optimized configuration allows for more WiFi devices to transmit data simultaneously.
- Mesh WiFi configurations are available for hard-to-wire areas where trenching or boring is undesirable.
- Multiple WiFi network names are available, including guest networks powered by web browsers that display to newly connected users.
Next-Generation Stateful Firewall
- The next evolution in network security capable of monitoring and detecting states of all the traffic on your network.
- The DMZ connects hosts and provides an interface to an untrusted external network while keeping the internal, private network separated and isolated.
- Voice, video, and data traffic are distinguished and are restricted/blocked based on source, destination addresses, or other static values.
- A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) automatically assigns IP addresses and other communication parameters to customer devices connected to the network
- A static Wide Area Network (WAN) IP address makes it easier to use Voice or Internet Protocol (VoIP) for teleconferencing or other voice and video communications.
- Port forwarding/NAT services protect servers and clients from unwanted access
- A virtual local area network (VLAN) allows different computers and devices to be connected virtually to each other, allowing you to segment a larger network into smaller segments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are managed network services?
Managed network services are networking applications, functions and services that enterprises outsource to be remotely operated, monitored and maintained by a managed service provider.
What are the main functions of network management?
The main functions of network management include configuration (of equipment and connections in the network), performance monitoring, and fault management.
Why do you need network management?
Network management helps to find those faults that are occurring on the network and that you need to fix. Whether it’s a web service not responding to user requests or a flapping routing interface, managing your network helps to identify these problems.
What do you look for in a managed network services provider?
How long a managed network services provider has been serving businesses, round-the-clock monitoring and network support, and customized solutions that align with the your goals. They should have a sustained positive reputation of trustworthiness and reliability, a service level agreement, and is willing to see your business partner rather than just another client.